13 January, 2008

Intro

I named this blog "Surf the El Cajon Jetty" based on what someone had written on their locker door when I was in high school. I think there's a picture of that in one of my year books. If I can ever find that, I'll post it up. Anyway, if the quote doesn't make sense, google map "el cajon ca". If it *still* doesn't make sense - contact a surfer and review the whole thing with them...

Anyway - welcome. I'm Daniel Hinojosa. I live in Silicon Valley and have been here since 1989. I'm a fairly typical Silicon Valley Guy, minus the geek accouterments. Also, I'm a Chicano which you don't find too many of in tech. I'm also a surfer and that really colours my view of life and living. I've been on the net since 1988. Lot's of my previous writings are found on USENET archives by "hinojosa@*.hp.com". I don't work there anymore so don't try any of those emails.

I hope you like what you read here. Comment and let me know what you think...

d.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

dooood,
you rock man!! thot you were crazy, now i know you are. great pix / comments. whats the story on the la times? will i find it online?
bro jorge

Unknown said...

Captain,
hey - saw the link to la times, "i don't want someone throwing up on me" -- nice!! very cool -- i bet you're still stoked as ever.
love you man - j

Chato said...

well - i'm stoked that i didn't get thrown up on - not so much that this was the notable quote. either way - rock on! love you too man...

d.

Unknown said...

yo D, this is awesome. Sorry that I missed this....maybe next season! Taki