18 April, 2008

Mick Jagstone and the Rolling Boulders!

10 points to the first person (not Jorge) who can place the title reference (above). :)

I was coring a mess of strawberries for desert and listening to satellite radio on the dish and a Marshall Tucker song (There Goes Another Love Song) came on. While that may not be rock and roll history to most, it is to me.

For reasons not quite known in the moment, hearing that took me back to 1978 where Marshall Tucker opened for the Rolling Stones at Anaheim Stadium. Actually I remember them and Etta James. Possible there was another band but the grey mater runs thin...

Either way, this was for the Some Girls Tour . I went with a few friends and we had an absolute blast. That may be one of the best concerts I have ever seen. I have seen a ton of concerts over the years and actually have pictures from some of them still.

I took to thinking I bet I can find something on the web about that tour. Dood, not only did I find *something*, I found a whole photo album from the show at "Stones Mania". I WAS AT THAT SHOW! Looking through the pictures brought back some excellent memories. I also think it's funny how ahead of the future Mick was. Check his arm sock that Alan Iverson and now Kobe are using.

I have one image in my mind that was not on that album. Ron Woods was playing a solo and Mick gets right in his face and all but French kisses him. He kinda went all Gene Simmons with his tonuge right next to Ronnie's mouth. Ronnie actually wasn't into it and kinda sucked in his lips... Funny.

That was a great concert. What a great show. I hear that the Stones are still a good show. Still, you gotta remember that the show I'm talking about was literally 30 years ago. I can't imagine they are as agile anymore. They're grandfathers! ;)

2 comments:

William said...

The title of this blog references an episode of The Flintstones cartoon show

Chato said...

After 3 years, we finally have a winner!